- Flight to Calafate. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Accommodation.
In the afternoon 4×4 excusion
- It is nap time and everything is calmness in the city of glaciers. A 4 x 4 vehicle leads us uphill along a winding road. We are heading for el Balcón de El Calafate, where we are promised an unforgettable view.
- We leave civilization behind and drive across a land hardly ever crossed by motor vehicles. Without hesitation, the guide activates the double drive of the sports car to get to the top of Mount Huyliche.
- Slowly but steadily, we went on towards the West, going up along what used to be a glacier and sea bed.
- We feel somewhat uneasy in the presence of rocks spread all through the area. “They are erratic blocks and sedimentary formations of more than 80 million years of age” explains the driver.
- As we climb, the panoramic view is enlarged and smartly catches our attention.
- Breakfast. Full day to Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Starting off from the Calafate 80 km of debris route are crossed to arriving at the zone of footbridges (wood passages and balconies) from where we enjoy diverse panoramic views of the Glacier. In order to have lunch you can choose between a menu á la carte at a restaurant near the footbridges, sandwich in a bar near the glacier or a pic-NIC or you can take your own food.
- Breakfast . Full Day Navigation to Estancia Crisitna.
- Upsala Glacier + Estancia Cristina +4×4 Upsala Viewpoint + Museum• Boarding and departure at port Punta Bandera (NPC) 08.15 hours in our modern and comfortable boat.
• Sailing among icebergs and stunning scenery overlooking the western front of the Upsala glacier and then through Cristina Canal to the point of disembark at the Estancia.
• Arrival Estancia Cristina 11:30 hs.
• Stay at the Estancia for 6 hours.
• Guided visit to the Costumbrista museum (old shearing shed).
• Ascent in all-terrain vehicles, travelling 9.5 km through mountainous roads.
• Arrival to the Continental ice shelter.
• 30 minute walk.
• Visit the oriental front of Upsala Glacier. Lake Guillermo, Southern Patagonian Ice and Andes.
• Return to the farm house of the Estancia and board at 17:30 hs. Arrival to Puerto Banderas at 19: hs approximately.
- After breakfast transfer to the airport to return to Buenos Aires