JUNGLE AND GLACIERS
- Flight to Iguazú.
- After breakfast – exploration of the National Park at Argentinian side of waterfalls.
- Ecological train to the Throat of the Devil. Gran aventura excursion (Optional. This excursion includes a boat to approch to the falls)
- The tour leaves from the hotel to visit the Argentinean side of the Iguazú Falls, 67.000 hectares long, located within Iguazú National Park, one of the first protected areas of America. They are made up of 275 falls thundering down from a 70 meter average height. In this section of the rainforest, a huge variety of ferns, orchids, begonias, birds and butterflies can be seen while walking plus the diversity of native species this Park has to offer. We are on our way to Estación Central, where we will take a train to Estación Cataratas and/or Estación Garganta del Diablo. Another way of reaching the Cataratas Upper and Lower Circuits is through the pedestrian trail Sendero Verde, 600 mts long, which starts at the Visitor Center and ends in Estación
- Cataratas. – Upper Circuit: 800 mts trail raised above the ground surface, so as not to block or scare away our local fauna as they go by. In this circuit, the waterfalls from the upper part of Dos Hermanas, Bosetti Bernabé Méndez, M’Bigua among other waterfalls, can be observed.
- Duration of the tour: (1) hour. Degree of difficulty: low, no stairs. – Lower Circuit: 1600 meters trail walk, above the ground surface, with a view from the bottom of Dos Hermanas, Alvar Nuñez, San Martín, Bosetti and Peñon of Bella Vista waterfalls; from Peñon we get a view of Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Gorge) and Cañón del Rio Iguazú inferior. Duration: two (2) hours. Degree of difficulty: moderate, with stairs. From this circuit, we have an optional visit to ‘Isla San Martín’ and boarding the Great Aventure Tour. – Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Gorge): Leaving from Estación Cataratas the train will take us in 18 minutes to Estación Garganta. As we walk along the 1200 meter trail, we enjoy the most spectacular fall: Devil’s Gorge. Duration: two (2) hours. Degree of difficulty: low, no stairs. Lunch is not included.
- Duration: full day Season: all year long Departures: daily Schedule: 8 am
- Great Adventure (optional ) :This tour offers an exciting adventure within Iguazú National Park and in Lower Iguazú River. It is divided into 2 parts: firstly, the sailing on the semi-rigid boats to reach the bottom of San Martin, Bosetty, Tres Mosqueteros and Cañon de Garganta del Diablo falls and down the river rapids up to Puerto Macuco (3 kms from the Waterfalls); secondly, an 8 km ride in a special truck along the rainforest, observing the local flora and fauna with the aid of specialized guides. Feel and experience the Waterfalls in this tour! You can start this tour by boat and then walk, or the other way around. Degree of difficulty: high, with stairs. Departures: every hour, from 9.00 am till 5.00 pm -in Winter- and till 5.45 pm -in Summer-
- Duration:1 hour.
- Difficulty: 100 meters of stairs. The ride is restricted to pregnant women and people with physical / medica
- l problems.
- Breakfast. Half day visit to the falls In the National Park at Brazilian side.
- We depart from the Hotel and cross The International Bridge ‘Tancredo Neves’ (Puente de la Fraternidad) that joins the cities of Puerto Iguazú (Argentina) and Foz do Iguazú (Brazil). Here, at the crossing of borders, we have go through the Customs at both sides of the bridge. The Iguazú National Park (on the Brazilian side) is 185.000 hectares long. As we get to the ‘Visitor Center’ we have to enter the Gates individually to check the loading capacity of the Park. We immediately get into the buses that tour along within the park and take us to the 1200 trail over the ‘Iguazú River’. At this point, we get a panoramic view of the Argentinean falls, ideal to take pictures. As we go on, we can see ‘Cañon del Río Iguazú’, Salto Rivadavia and Tres Mosqueteros. Towards the end of the tour, we will get to Devil’s Gorge lower viewpoint, 200 mts away. This beautiful scenery is enhanced by permanent rainbows. The tour ends at ‘Salto Floriano’ where an elevator takes us to the bus parking. The other option is to walk the path and up the stairs to the meeting point. Return to the hotel.
- After breakfast transfer to the airport to get the flight to Calafate (via Buenos Aires)
- Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Accommodation.
- Breakfast. Full day to Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Starting off from the Calafate 80 km of debris route are crossed to arriving at the zone of footbridges (wood passages and balconies) from where we enjoy diverse panoramic views of the Glacier. In order to have lunch you can choose between a menu á la carte at a restaurant near the footbridges, sandwich in a bar near the glacier or a pic-NIC or you can take your own food.
- Breakfast . Full Day Navigation to Estancia Crisitna.
Upsala Glacier + Estancia Cristina +4×4 Upsala Viewpoint + Museum
• Boarding and departure at port Punta Bandera (NPC) 08.15 hours in our modern and comfortable boat.
• Sailing among icebergs and stunning scenery overlooking the western front of the Upsala glacier and then through Cristina Canal to the point of disembark at the Estancia.
• Arrival Estancia Cristina 11:30 hs.
• Stay at the Estancia for 6 hours.
• Guided visit to the Costumbrista museum (old shearing shed).
• Ascent in all-terrain vehicles, travelling 9.5 km through mountainous roads.
• Arrival to the Continental ice shelter.
• 30 minute walk.
• Visit the oriental front of Upsala Glacier. Lake Guillermo, Southern Patagonian Ice and Andes.
• Return to the farm house of the Estancia and board at 17:30 hs. Arrival to Puerto Banderas at 19: hs approximately.
- After breakfast In the afternoon 4×4 excusion
- A 4 x 4 vehicle leads us uphill along a winding road. We are heading for el Balcón de El Calafate, where we are promised an unforgettable view.
- We leave civilization behind and drive across a land hardly ever crossed by motor vehicles. Without hesitation, the guide activates the double drive of the sports car to get to the top of Mount Huyliche.
- Slowly but steadily, we went on towards the West, going up along what used to be a glacier and sea bed.
- We feel somewhat uneasy in the presence of rocks spread all through the area. “They are erratic blocks and sedimentary formations of more than 80 million years of age” explains the driver.
As we climb, the panoramic view is enlarged and smartly catches our attention.
- In the afternoon tansfer to the airport to return to Buenos Aires