WONDER ARGENTINEAN NORTH
- Upon arrival at Salta Airport we transfer to our hotel. In the afternoon, we commence our sightseeing in Salta with a city tour. In Salta the Spanish influence is best preserved of all cities in Argentina.
- We enjoy its elegance that testifies the sumptuous past still alive in the large old houses, courtyards and squares. Our aim is to visit the Cathedral, the San Francisco Church and San Bernardo Hill, where magnificent views of the city are gained before returning to our hotel.
- Tonight we enjoy dinner at local restaurant.
- After breakfast we get an early start on our full day excursion to Cafayate, a beautiful village in the heart of the Calchaquí Valley. Enroute we pass by Las Conchas River Gorge (also known as Cafayate Gorge) with its amazing stone formations eroded by the carving action of wind and time. After lunch in Cafayate we visit a local winery and there is an optional visit to the Indian Art Museum. Return to Salta
- Today is another busy, but equally rewarding day, as we again start early to drive to San Antonio de los Cobres , then to Salina Grandes to end in Purmamarca.
- Breakfast and visit the World Heritage listed Quebrada de Humahuaca, otherwise know as the Humahuaca Gorge. This stunning gorge and the surrounding hillsides which follow the Rio Grande are a blend of glorious colours as if taken directly from an artists palette. Enroute to Humahuaca we drive via Jujuy the capital of the province and pass via Purmamarca, set beneath the “Hill of Seven Colours”, and Tilcara, home to the Archaeological Museum and the old Indian Fortress called ‘Pucará de Tilcara’. This dramatic journey finally arrives in Humahuaca, where we take lunch and visit the Northern Carnival Museum and the Handicraft Fair. Humahuaca is only about 150km from Bolivia and this region is a stark contrast from the rest of Argentina. The area is inhabited by many Quechua Indians and the area in some respects resembles Peru orBolivia. After a satisfying day we return to Salta and our hotel.
- Transfer to the hotel to return to Buenos AIres